Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About the role:
Dataminr’s Editors are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making the AI platform more advanced.
As a Localization Expert on our Domain Expert team, you will annotate, label and edit signals from our data feeds. You will be an integral part of our machine learning algorithm training process and our advanced real-time human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models.
As a French Localization Expert on our Domain Expert team, you will also play a leading role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning, and AI models. Please note that this role may require rotational weekend work as well as projects and meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) serves as the in-house expert on Editorial style; (4) Expert knowledge of specialist language area (French);
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Native level competency in French (parts of our interview will be conducted in French)
- Previous demonstrable experience in Localization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent; ideally with a concentration in, Languages, English, international affairs, or history
- Deep understanding of geopolitical risk issues that affect all continents and industries.
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a rapidly evolving environment in both English and French
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly available data
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Annotate complex breaking news events in French
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Ability to make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Collaborate and communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.