Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) is an expert on geopolitical risk and world events.
You are a naturally curious person that has a passion for global events. You can understand and succinctly describe ongoing, complex events with incomplete data. You’re adaptable and able to keep up-to-date with multiple evolving situations.
Working pattern: Please note, this role is based on five days a week, which includes weekends
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; ideally with a concentration in: political science, relevant area studies, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of geopolitical and risk issues
- Ability to monitor and analyse data in a fast-paced environment in English. Additional languages, particularly French, German, and/or Spanish, are preferred.
- Highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple competing priorities during stressful events
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Monitor and analyse the quality of our data feeds
- Annotate and label complex breaking news events
- Own and develop projects to improve our AI models
- Regularly conduct QA of data feeds to ensure quality standards
- Make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Work with multiple stakeholders across all offices to support region-specific training
- Collaborate on and communicate about daily priorities in a team-centric environment
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Be a contributing team member, offering peer and upward feedback as necessary
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.