Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast-moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips to help you identify and mitigate risk, assess a crisis situation, and craft an effective response. Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations mobilize with confidence and speed in response to business-critical events around the globe. You'll be an expert in this field and a trusted advisor to your clients.
As an Account Executive at Dataminr for Japan, you'll help us dive deeper into the Enterprise space. That means taking a consultative approach, digging into the market to get the product out there, and selling larger and more complex deals, through our partners, to senior strategic buyers. You'll be sitting at the center of Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training and methodology program, and the latest tools and resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional, proficient in the Japanese language, and are experienced working through partners, and managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, and a closing champion.
You're methodical when it comes to building and managing your pipeline. You're disciplined with your time and resources. You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Identify net new prospects in assigned territory through regular partner meetings, events and partner registrations
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as thought partner negotiation and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale.
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Work in conjunction with channel resources to ensure success of strategic partners and strengthen channel relationships
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Native level competency in Japanese (parts of our interview will be conducted in Japanese)
- 7-10+ years of experience selling enterprise technology solutions in a fast-paced, competitive market
- Must have stable work history and track record of progressive career growth
- Experience with or strong understanding of enterprise risk and/or security solutions a plus, but not required
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of enterprise software/SaaS as it relates to artificial intelligence (AI) and open source data strongly preferred
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for enterprise clients
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
California, New York, Washington and Colorado only: The salary range for this position is as indicated below. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, applicant skills, and prior relevant experience, among other factors.
Colorado: $112,000 - $144,000 USD
California/New York/Washington: $125,000 - $160,000 USD