Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are passionate about partnering with sales executives to provide strategic go-to-market insights and a superb sales operations experience. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can make recommendations and solve ambiguous problems by analyzing large complex data sets. You have the initiative and intellectual curiosity to propose new ideas and are strong at framing and structuring a problem and building recommendations based on data. You want to develop, implement, and scale operating processes to help sales move faster. You are comfortable updating Sales tools and familiar with the annual planning process. You're a thought partner that values building strong relationships across an organization and fostering a healthy and collaborative team atmosphere . You have the ability to think globally and strategically, and then roll up your sleeves to execute and impact our go-to-market strategy.
As Manager, Sales Strategy and Planning, you will be responsible for partnering with sales leadership on driving best-in-class sales practices, measuring and analyzing performance, sales planning, and general sales operations.
- Serve as a business partner and Sales Operations liaison to the Sales Leadership team.
- Help develop and implement a Management Operating Rhythm and create operational rigor according to sales management best practices.
- Provide insightful analysis and recommendations to executive leadership.
- Partner with sales leadership in strategic operational planning and ensure decisions align with overall company sales approach and goals
- Facilitate the strategic annual planning process and support sales leadership in the development of organizational design, sales coverage models, and quotas and territories.
- Light maintenance of Salesforce.com and business operations, and partner with internal stakeholders within the organization to improve data integrity with the CRM
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Strategy, Operations, Revenue Operations or Business Planning, with 3+ years focused on annual planning, inclusive of territory development and quota setting
- Strong ability to conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights, and recommend actions
- Business partnership experience with executives and upper management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working across offices and regions on global projects
- Proficiency in Salesforce (Clari is a plus), Excel/Google Sheets, Tableau or other BI tools
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
California, New York, Washington and Colorado only: The salary range for this position is as indicated below. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, applicant skills, and prior relevant experience, among other factors.
Colorado: $108,000 - $121,500 USD
California/New York/Washington: $120,000 - $135,000 USD