Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 as well as the Forbes Cloud 100 for six consecutive years. We were also recognized as one of Built In's Best Companies to Work for in 2022 for the second consecutive year.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced public sector sales leader who is excited to contribute to a cutting-edge AI company in its next phase of growth. You're passionate about delivering unique and impactful solutions to Public Sector clients. As our VP, US DoD Sales, you'll build and lead a sales team that helps our clients tackle their most difficult real-time information challenges.
You know what it takes to build and grow a high-performing sales organization. You’re an expert at developing meaningful value propositions while holding your team to the highest standards of performance and accountability. You have experience coaching your team on navigating large, complex deals, and you lead by example.
- Develop strong vision and understanding of Dataminr's US DoD business and strategic goals
- Plan, implement and execute on sales strategy, leveraging market knowledge and experience to convey product value proposition and positioning
- Motivate, develop, and grow a team of sellers and cultivate a performance-based culture built on providing value to public sector organizations
- Develop and maintain high level relationships with key prospective customers, organizational leaders and partners
- Identify ways to integrate Dataminr solutions into our clients' workflows and recommending best practices
- Coach sellers through complex sales and leverage a consultative approach to selling
- Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success
- Own and provide market leadership to sales teams, serving as subject matter expert throughout the full sales cycle
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Sales Operations, Marketing, Channel and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Maintain constant awareness of markets and competitive activity, making appropriate strategic and tactical sales recommendations to always stay one step ahead
- Maintain data hygiene with up-to-date and accurate forecasting of pipeline in SFDC
- Must be willing to travel as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience leading and scaling teams selling to and directly supporting US DoD organizations
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of DoD organizations
- Extensive experience successfully selling into complex Federal Government entities with strong track record of negotiation and closing
- Deep understanding of sales processes and business drivers for DoD clients
- Proven success as a sales leader in early stage or growth stage companies
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Adept at delivering against revenue targets and business objectives while devising and operating within a strategic business plan
- Data driven approach to sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
California, New York and Colorado only: The salary range for this position is as indicated below. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, applicant skills, and prior relevant experience, among other factors.
Colorado: $189,000 - $214,000 USD
New York/California: $210,000 - $237,500 USD