--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional with experience owning and managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You’re passionate about building new relationships with public sector clients. By prospecting and building a brand new book of business with law enforcement and first responders, you’ll elevate their workflow and ensure that Dataminr’s critical alerts are getting into the right hands at the right time so new clients can make faster decisions.
You're methodical when it comes to building and managing your pipeline. You're disciplined with your time and resources. You understand the value of listening to your prospects to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Drive new revenue by managing the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, qualifying prospects, pitching our products and closing new business with a diverse set of public-sector agencies to meet quarterly targets
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform, and maintain a deep understanding of publicly available information and social media use-cases
- Demonstrate platform capabilities to audiences ranging from senior public-sector officials to the individual user level
- Train and support new users on-site or virtually through video teleconference
- Learn client mission sets and operational processes; integrate Dataminr into clients’ workflow and recommend best practices for users
- Predict and forecast potential client use-cases; identify innovative methods by which clients can utilize Dataminr in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Attend various industry events, tradeshows and focused symposiums to increase Dataminr’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Collect client feedback and clearly articulate recommendations for product development to Dataminr’s engineering and product teams
- Build and effectively manage new business sales pipeline to meet or exceed goals
- Maintain accurate data in CRM system
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of SaaS experience selling to and/or directly supporting public sector agencies
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including but not limited to law enforcement, emergency management, public information, fire, and public health
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically as needed (approx. 40-50%)
- Good attitude and sense of humor are a must!
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.