--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
As Director, Deal Desk at Dataminr, you’ll be at the forefront of the company’s growth efforts working in close partnership with our Sales organization in the construct, review, approval and negotiation of business opportunities. In addition to this, you will also act as the coordinator between the Sales team and all other corporate functions as business opportunities are evaluated, negotiated and closed. Finally, you’ll develop relationships at all levels and across the entire company in support of your deal function. The Deal Desk team drives scale within the Sales organization, allowing Sales to focus on selling, while we create efficiencies, increase profitability, and enforce stronger controls.
- Partner with the Sales organization and become a trusted advisor for the deal construct and negotiation process of complex transactions.
- Coordinate the flow of information across multiple groups, such as Sales, Success, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Operations, etc. to facilitate the deal process.
- Ensure that the execution of the deal review and approval process follows company policies and guidelines.
- In partnership with other company functions, help set policies, process and procedures and assist or drive their implementation.
- Create and develop the internal relationships with groups across the company to help facilitate the deal process.
- Serve as an expert in advanced Deal Desk activities, which impact quota setting, bookings attainment, and complex deal structuring
- Educate Sales teams on changes in processes, policies, and best practices to improve performance and release Sales capacity to core Sales activities
- Responsible for ensuring that Sales and contract data is accurate in SFDC and other systems, partnering with cross-functional teams to reconcile downstream processes and Reporting
- Build a global Deal Desk team from the ground up
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related relevant areas.
- 6+ years of related experience, preferably in deal desk, finance, contracts or sales operations positions.
- Ability to read, understand and draft contractual business terms and conditions.
- Previous experience with complex contract negotiations and long sales cycles
- Understanding of revenue recognition principles and US GAAP.
- Ability to break down complex ideas and issues and communicate in simple terms to different levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience and understanding of the SaaS and Consumption business model.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.