--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a bright and self-motivated marketing professional who can identify, coordinate, execute and track critical third-party and proprietary events across ANZ; you bring a blend of tactical expertise, superior project management skills and a strategic perspective around events and the audiences who attend them.
You are passionate about Dataminr’s mission and interested to learn the intricate inner workings of a high-growth tech startup, and excited to leverage your skills to make an impact in the region.
This is a 9-month Fixed-Term Contract with potential for extension or conversion to full time.
- Leverage superior project management skills to ensure seamless execution before, during, and after critical third-party and proprietary events
- Optimize event strategy and execution to achieve objectives - brand awareness, lead generation, recruiting
- Manage all aspects of Dataminr events and tradeshow coordination, including negotiating contracts, managing vendors and event staff, working on Sales participation/process and preparing materials
- Manage post-event prospect follow-up activities, including inputting leads into marketing automation system and conducting post-event surveys
- Collaborate with creative team to deliver compelling and comprehensive creative briefs to ensure timely, on-strategy assets for campaign execution
- Audit calendar of currently-planned ANZ events against strategic criteria to determine audience fit; identify potential new event opportunities against strategic criteria and vertical marketing plans to ensure Dataminr is present at the right conferences in the right locations
- Coordinate with growth marketing teams on audience-generation campaigns to drive awareness, proprietary event attendance, and 3rd party booth traffic
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a related role managing events for a B2B entity and/or event production agency experience
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills, especially around time-sensitive activities on a global basis
- Exceptional time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Experience working with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendar and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with CRM and Marketing Automation Tools (Pardot and Salesforce experience a plus)
Why you should work here:
- Remote working monthly stipend
- A wellness app reimbursement fund
- EAP programme through Uprise and coaching service through Ginger IO
- ClassPass access and subsidy
- Ad hoc remote company activities including wellness classes
- Employee referral program
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.