--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
As Director, Sales Compensation, you will have the opportunity to lead a function responsible for every aspect of the direction, design, and execution of sales compensation to drive our continued growth for the Global Sales Organization. You are a strategic minded operational leader passionate about driving growth, scalability and efficiency in Dataminr’s sales compensation. This is a highly visible role that partners directly with the Head of Sales, Senior Director of Sales Operations and Strategy and collaborates with senior GTM leaders across the world.
You are passionate about solving ambiguous problems and have the initiative and intellectual curiosity to propose new ideas and recommend solutions. Both a strategic thinker and able to executive operationally you will be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to dive deep in analyses and models, while also keeping the big picture and practicality in mind. Finally, you will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly and build a strong relationship with business partners.
- Lead all aspects of sales compensation and act as the subject matter expert for sales compensation for the COO and Sales Leadership
- Partner with Dataminr’s sales leaders to understand the needs of the teams, and design a customized strategy and plan that aligns with Dataminr’s corporate goals and strategy
- Continuously seek to enhance, automate, and optimize our compensation systems to ensure scalability while maintaining accuracy
- Analyze sales performance data to inform initial design and results
- Work in tandem with the Finance organization on timely payouts and predicting the cost plans and programs, as well as analyze feasibility by assessing financial and systems readiness
- Design quota models for various sales segments such as Sales Development Representatives, Account Executives, Customer Success, and more
- Document sales compensation plans and policy, and implement change management processes to ensure timeliness of the information
- Recommend and implement sales compensation plans to incentive our sales teams
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of Sales Compensation, Operations or Sales Strategy experience
- 3+ years of driving Incentive Design programs
- Business partnership experience with executives and upper management
- Strong ability to conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights, and recommend actions
- Ability to effectively manage your time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working across offices and regions on global projects
- Strong presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations and strong financial models
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Proficiency in commission automation software such as Xactly or CaptivateIQ
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.