--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
As Key Account Director, Federal Financials, you will play a leading role as a player/coach responsible for continuously shaping the strategy and go-forward business plan for Dataminr’s Federal Financials.
You're a coach and a producer at heart that excels at building a business from the ground up. You know what it takes to motivate and inspire a team to deliver consistent, high quality results. You're an expert at developing meaningful value propositions and holding your peers to the highest levels of performance and accountability. You combine both the ability to use data to drive best practice decision making for business growth with the art of selling to great effect and are ready to use your leadership experience to jump into a high-growth tech ‘unicorn’ as we enter our next exciting growth phase.
- Drive new business revenue by managing the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, developing a portfolio of qualified sales opportunities through prospecting and leveraging your own existing relationships, and closing new business with a diverse set of public-sector agencies
- Participate in building a high-performing sales culture that promotes engagement, performance, team work, accountability, and fun
- Recognize outstanding sales activity and performance within and outside the sales team
- Work collaboratively with sales and functional leaders to ensure that all accounts are sold and serviced in an effective and efficient manner, and in compliance with our clients’ expectations
- Own and provide market leadership, serving as subject matter expert throughout the full sales cycle
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as a thought leader. Lead partner negotiation when necessary and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this vertical
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers ranging from senior public sector officials to the individual user level
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
- Attend industry events, tradeshows and focused symposiums to increase Dataminr’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Maintain a deep understanding of your customer’s mission sets and operational process in order to design and implement the programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into their workflow
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience selling enterprise technology solutions in a fast-paced, competitive market
- 10+ years demonstrated experience selling directly to public sector customers and successfully establishing enterprise license agreements with federal civilian agencies (DHS, DOE, HHS or Federal Financials) with a track record of wins
- Own and provide market leadership to sales teams, serving as customer subject matter expert throughout the full sales cycle
- Proven success as a sales leader in early/growth stage companies
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including federal agencies, law enforcement, emergency management, public information, and/or public health
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of enterprise software/SaaS as it relates to artificial intelligence (AI) and open source data a plus
- Ability to present clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Strong solution selling skills of a highly technical product with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Adept at delivering against revenue targets and business objectives while devising and operating within a strategic business plan
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical acumen; ability to quickly grasp and understand technical product capabilities and present them to senior level public sector clients.
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.