--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated, experienced Eastern Europe specialist who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; (3) is an expert on regional news and developments.
You have a proven ability to drive strategic initiatives that align with business objectives. You’re a highly motivated individual that monitors and analyzes the quality of our data feeds and signals.
You are a naturally curious person that has a passion for the region. You can understand and succinctly describe ongoing, complex events with incomplete data. You’re adaptable and able to keep up-to-date with multiple evolving situations. You take initiative, ownership, and are accountable while also looking for opportunities to bring others along.
- Serve as an expert on Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Russian language related issues, geopolitical developments and the relevant data sources associated with the region to improve our AI models
- Annotate and label complex breaking news events
- Make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Work with multiple stakeholders across all offices to support region-specific training
- Monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds, and create reports, metrics, and SOPs to ensure high-quality work product
- Lead strategic initiatives across teams addressing critical opportunities or issues
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional team leads to develop and implement strategies to achieve organizational KPIs and goals
- Work closely with our product and engineering team to make improvements on internal product features that increase efficiency and help us serve our customers
- Regularly conduct QA of data feeds to ensure quality standards
- Collaborate on and communicate about daily priorities in a team-centric environment
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Be a contributing team member, offering peer and upward feedback as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and 5+ years professional experience working as a specialist in a relevant area, including experience working in a real time information environment, with a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Bachelor's degree required; ideally with a concentration in: Political science, Eastern Europe studies, security/conflict studies, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of geopolitical, security, and risk issues that affect Eastern Europe, and/or Central Asia
- Highly adaptable and able to adapt to multiple competing priorities during fast moving events
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment in Russian and English. Other regional languages of interest
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Strong analytical capabilities and online research skills
- Superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage smooth workflows
- Drive to develop new approaches which further improve operational effectiveness for teams
- Intellectually curious with a life-long passion for learning
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.