--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated management consultant/senior business analyst, with experience driving high-visibility initiatives in support of company strategy and operations. You have a high level of technical skill, and are passionate about making sense of complex data to achieve business goals. You are just as comfortable thinking strategically as you are being deep in the detail of technical projects. You are interested in technology, social media, data/information architecture, and constantly strive to improve the way things are done.
You will work in the Domain Expert Global Operations team. The role will require close partnership with senior management, content experts, data scientists, product managers and engineers. You will be exposed to some of our most difficult challenges, and support our ambitious growth goals.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 2+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or an analytics firm/role
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Experience creating and leading executive-level presentations, including high level of proficiency with analytical and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Experience in or a willingness to learn analytic languages (e.g., SQL, Python, BigQuery) and/or visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Comfortable handling ambiguity and complexity.
- Support strategic and operational planning, bringing expertise and experience to scaling / rapid growth challenges
- Conduct analysis and deep-dives into aspects of Dataminr’s alerting and operational processes, in order to identify quality improvement and innovation opportunities.
- Communicate analytical findings effectively and support planning across different stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to optimize Human-in-the-Loop operations.
- Act as the Global Operations key interface with internal AI model teams.
- Owning/improving data models and processes that support Global operational capacity decision-making
- Supporting Quality Assurance functions and projects through proactive and reactive analysis
- Identify, plan and deliver research trials across the Domain Expert Org, using complex data to measure and validate results.
- Support the Global Operations team as a utility player in a rapidly growing organization
- Conduct deep dives into internal processes and operational workflows
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.