--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
- Self-driven with proven technical abilities, sense of teamwork, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get work done
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about improving processes, understanding of the importance of thorough QA exercises
- Able to liaise with third-party vendors and internal stakeholders using data analysis expertise
- Solution-oriented, innovative and inquisitive; always looking for a better way to get things done
- Understanding of brand risk, executive protection, and physical asset security
- Quick study of new technologies and business requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience presenting to multiple levels of an organization
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- High proficiency in following technical skills:
- MS Office suite, Google Suite
- Experience with metrics analysis
- Experience using SQL for data analysis
- Fluency in another language
- Experience with or strong understanding of Looker and Python a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in a particular region or topic preferred
- Supporting the building and QA of proprietary algorithmic data streams and automation modelsets, using linguistic, regional or technical expertise.
- Compile data-driven research presentations using SQL and Google suite
- Explore and identify new open source data sources useful to growing the business
- Liaise cross-functionally with AI, Product, Engineering, and Go-to-Market departments
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership.
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.