--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated sales professional with a passion for delivering unique and impactful solutions to your Public Sector clients. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. All you need is a product that drives you. You have an existing senior relationships within NSW State Government.
You're excited to build a book of business across high-profile non-defence Public Sector accounts within the NSW State Government, and ensure that Dataminr’s critical news alerts are getting into the right hands at the right time.
- Drive new business revenue by managing the full sale cycle from generating demand for the product, developing a portfolio of qualified sales opportunities through prospecting and leveraging your own existing relationships, pitching our products and closing new business with a diverse set of public-sector agencies
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as thought partner negotiation and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this vertical
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers ranging from senior public sector officials to the individual user level
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
- Attend industry events, trade shows and focused symposiums to increase Dataminr’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Partner closely with Account Management and Customer Success teams to understand your customer’s mission sets and operational process in order to design and implement the programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into their workflow
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience selling directly to Public Sector specifically NSW government, both Local and State law enforcement, emergency management, and/or public safety would be desirable
- Must have stable work history and track record of progressive career growth
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilisation efforts of public sector organisations, including law enforcement, emergency management, public information, and public health
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for public sector clients
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of enterprise software/SaaS as it relates to artificial intelligence (AI) and open source data a plus
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as Health insurance with dental cover and vision care
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well-being, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.