--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About the Role:
Dataminr’s Domain Experts are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making Dataminr’s AI platform more advanced. As a Domain Expert, you will monitor and analyze our data feeds and annotate, label and edit signals in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As a Domain Expert, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects and meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You're an experienced leader with a proven ability to drive strategic initiatives that align with business objectives. You have a passion for leading, motivating, and growing a high-performing team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You know how to develop and communicate a sense of core purpose with your teams, inspiring and empowering them to achieve their maximum potential.
You’re a highly motivated individual who can lead a team that monitors and analyzes the quality of our data feeds and signals. You are a naturally curious person that has a passion for current world events. You can understand and succinctly describe ongoing, complex events with incomplete data. You’re adaptable and able to keep up-to-date with multiple evolving situations. You take initiative, ownership, and are accountable while also looking for opportunities to elevate and bring your team along.
- Strong leader than can manage, motivate, and develop a team focused on training our AI models that detect breaking information for our three product verticals: Public Sector, Corporate Risk, and News
- Ability to lead and develop talent, communicate company priorities, shifts in strategy, and new initiatives that directly impact the team’s daily operations
- Support hiring, onboarding, and training of new team members
- Closely monitor and analyze reports, metrics, and SOPs ensuring high-quality work product
- Lead strategic initiatives across teams addressing critical opportunities or issues
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional team leads to develop and implement strategies to achieve organizational KPIs and goals
- Work closely with our product and engineering team to make improvements on internal product features that increase efficiency and help us serve our customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-8+ years of people management experience
- Commercially savvy with experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- Superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and scaled-operations capabilities
- Ability to recruit, motivate and develop teams to reach their full potential
- Excellent ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage smooth workflows
- Drive to develop new approaches which further improve operational effectiveness for teams
- Intellectually curious with a life-long passion for learning
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as Health insurance with dental cover, vision care, Life Insurance and Salary Insurance.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well-being, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.