--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Software Engineer II to build scalable, real time data pipelines that will need to handle millions of events a day. Takes initiative in building services, owning them, and being accountable for their continued functionality. Develops new features in backend services with Java and Scala and solves technical bugs in our processing pipeline or API. Responsible for developing design documents and implementing software solutions. Works with design and product teams to define technical tasks and ensure proper design and customer alignment. Participates in code reviews and provides opinions and direction to developments on code that was created by design and product teams. Tests new developments completely and adds new tests for regressions and customer issues when identified and addressed. Collaborates with teams across the organization to improve shared libraries and design patterns. Writes clean, well-structured code. Responsible for utilizing knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Works with data structures and storage systems, including tools like Kafka and MongoDB.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or a related field and 5 years of related (progressive, post-baccalaureate) experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field.
- Must also have demonstrated ability with each of the following:
- Operating in a UNIX/LINUX environment;
- Programming with Java, Scala or Python;
- Building distributed systems and working with cloud infrastructure;
- Developing RESTful services and working with relational / NoSQL databases including Postgres or Redis; and
- Utilizing deployment and version control tools including GIT and Jenkins.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Master’s program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- Generous leave and flexible hours.
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.