--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a current or former Marine Corps officer/senior enlisted with extensive experience leading mission, intelligence or joint organizations. You have a deep understanding of Marine Corps mission sets, operational processes and the strategic direction of the service. Most importantly, you're passionate about the opportunity to help your clients solve their most difficult data challenges.
You have strong leadership skills and a track record in building and scaling strategies that deliver results against aggressive targets. You hold yourself to the highest performance and accountability standards. You're ready to harness your experience and jump into a high-growth technology company to help take Dataminr's Public Sector vertical to the next level.
Reporting to the SVP, US Defense, you'll be part of the US Defense leadership team and responsible for developing and executing a strategy to drive growth and expansion for current users across our USMC business.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical account plans for new and existing users, including handling client queries effectively and dealing with objections during the business development and evangelism process
- Utilize deep understanding of Cyber/AI/Force Protection/OpSec and existing relationships within the Marine Corps to evangelize First Alert at the senior leadership levels
- Drive new account growth by managing the full cycle from generating increased demand for the First Alert product, qualifying new expansion prospects, and conveying the value of First Alert to senior officials
- Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success
- Be proficient on Dataminr’s First Alert platform, and maintain a deep understanding of publicly available information use cases
- Present high level platform capabilities to senior Public Sector audiences
- Learn client mission sets and operational processes that help integrate First Alert into your clients' workflow
- Predict and forecast potential client use cases; identify innovative methods by which clients can utilize First Alert in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Attend industry events, tradeshows and focused symposiums to increase Dataminr’s brand awareness and highlight its value proposition
- Collect client feedback and clearly articulate recommendations for product development to Dataminr’s Engineering and Product teams
- Maintain constant awareness of markets and competitive activity, making appropriate strategic and tactical recommendations to always stay one step ahead
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree a plus
- 20+ years of exemplary experience in the military (preferred), or mix of military and supporting military customers as a contractor
- 5+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably in fast-paced, technology-driven environments
- Specific experience managing senior relationships with the public sector, military, and/or federal agencies
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate in-depth product knowledge
- Knowledge and/or experience in the use of publicly available information analysis efforts within public sector organizations, including but not limited to military, law enforcement or emergency management
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Must be willing to travel up to 33% as needed
- Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain at least a Secret clearance
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.