--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You rejoice in cultivating the company office culture, workplace culture events, and an efficient workplace environment, while providing best-in-class hospitality, customer service, and office services. Employees feel supported by your efforts to help them have the best Dataminr experience and you understand your role as a company culture ambassador to guests, including clients, visitors, and candidates. You’re warm, energetic, organized, detail-oriented, and an expert multitasker. No task is too large or small and you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves.
Reporting to the New York-based Workplace Associate, you’ll be the first person visitors and employees see when they enter the office. You're excited to take ownership and pride in the office environment that you help build. You're ready to bring your prior experience in office administration, events and / or hospitality, and make an impact at a fast-paced, high-growth technology company.
Hospitality, Reception, and Workplace Coordination:
- Serve as first point of contact at the front reception desk, representing Dataminr and our office culture with professionalism, warmth, and flawless customer service to all visitors and employees
- Welcome and assist visitors (interview candidates, clients, guests) with sign-in registration, and answer reception telephone
- Oversee conference room reservations, resolve scheduling conflicts as needed
- Support return-to-work planning and preparations in anticipation of office reopening date
- Assist office management including incoming employee requests, reception area upkeep, facilities management, keycards activation, cleaning service management, vendor management, liaising with building staff, ordering office supplies, assisting with snacks program, etc.
- Assist with daily all-staff lunch catering service account, including menu planning, budget management, portioning and consumption statistics
- Conduct new hire welcome office tours, and coordinate return of personal property when employees exit
- Partner and collaborate with your global Workplace Team colleagues and other Dataminr departments on company-wide initiatives, and handle other duties and special projects
Plan and execute employee Events and Experiences including:
- Virtual / remote employee engagement events (virtual happy hours, trivia nights, wine tastings, social events, contests, classes, etc.)
- In-person, in-office employee experiences (lunches, Valentine’s Day, happy hours, Halloween pumpkin carving, hackathons, bake-offs, wellness classes, lunch ‘n learns) and offsite events (holiday party, summer celebration, charitable volunteer outings, etc.)
- Serve as the lead Workplace Team partner to Dataminr’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to help make diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) focused events come to life.
- Catering and event set-ups for meetings and special in-office events
- Assist with selecting and ordering Dataminr-branded collateral and swag (branded napkins and coasters, employee gifts, etc.)
- Write communications to promote planned events
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in office workplace services or administration, hospitality, and/or event planning
- Strong customer service focus and ability to demonstrate professionalism, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities with attention to detail and urgency, while finding solutions-oriented and resourceful in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite is a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.