--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You rejoice in cultivating the company office culture and an efficient workplace environment, while providing best-in-class hospitality, customer service, and office services. Employees feel supported by your efforts to help them have the best Dataminr experience and you understand your role as a company culture ambassador to guests, including clients, visitors, and candidates. You’re warm, energetic, organized, detail-oriented, and an expert multitasker. No task is too large or small and you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves.
Reporting to the London-based Workplace Specialist, you'll be the sole member of the Workplace team in the Dublin, Ireland office. You're excited to take ownership and pride in the office environment that you help build. You're ready to bring your prior experience in workplace operations and office administration and make an impact at a fast-paced, high-growth technology company.
While we work fully remotely, you'll:
- Remotely support the employee culture of Dataminr’s Dublin, Ireland office while employees remain working from home, including but not limited to developing virtual employee engagement events, e.g. happy hours, social events, and classes, marking office birthdays and work anniversaries, etc.
- Support an office relocation to a new office space, including managing the moving company, coordinating with building management, and implement office setup
- Support return-to-work planning and preparations in anticipation of office reopening date
- Partner and collaborate with your global Workplace Team colleagues and other Dataminr departments on company-wide initiatives
- Liaise with building management and key vendors to remotely manage facilities upkeep of the office space while Dataminr works from home
- Liaise with the IT team to organise the shipping of IT equipment to new hires and the return of IT equipment from departing employees
When we return to the office, you'll also:
- Serve as the first point of Workplace contact, representing Dataminr and our office culture with professionalism, warmth, and flawless customer service to all visitors and employees
- Own and execute all office management needs, including office space upkeep, facilities management, conference room management, desk moves, vendor management, cleaning service management, liaising with building management, etc.
- Manage daily food and beverage programs (meals catering and pantry snacks), including ordering, tracking deliveries, monitoring inventory, managing budget, etc.
- Plan and execute onsite and offsite office employee events including meetings, lunches, happy hours, holiday parties, and other social events
- Oversee office supplies inventory, business card orders, incoming and outgoing mail
- Welcome new hires and orient them to the office, and coordinate return of personal property when employees exit
- Serve as the main point of contact for our remote IT Support team, assisting with IT and audio-visual operations (no special IT/AV experience required!)
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in office workplace services or administration, hospitality, and/or event planning
- Strong customer service focus and ability to demonstrate professionalism, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities with attention to detail and accuracy while finding solutions-oriented and resourceful in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Google Suite is a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance as well as Income Protection and Life Insurance
- personal retirement savings account with employer match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well-being, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr’s job candidate privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/irecandidatenotice.