Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast-moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips to help you identify and mitigate risk, assess a crisis situation, and craft an effective response.
Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll have the opportunity to create a unique and meaningful impact for your clients. Here's what you can expect:
- A comprehensive sales training and methodology program to set you up for success
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance, mentorship, and learning opportunities
- A strong sales culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated Field Solution Sales Professional with a proven track record of success in generating new business. You consistently meet and exceed revenue and quota objectives.
You have experience managing B2B accounts, preparing sales proposals, forecasts and account planning. You're an expert at creating customer demand for solutions by understanding their business and needs in order to close tactical growth opportunities with your clients. You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Own a territory of Major Accounts (Mid Market) which are accounts with an annual revenue of less than USD$ 1 Billion, headquartered out of the UK but also including some other EMEA accounts
- Drive a focus on new business into that territory with a land and expand motion
- Provide recommendations based on a client’s business needs and Real Time Alerting requirements
- Manage multiple clients simultaneously at various stages of the Dataminr buying cycle
- Drive revenue through proactive outreach to new clients
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships and act as a key partner
- Develop an understanding of customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to penetrate new business
- Educate prospects and create demand with a variety of stakeholders on your prospect list
- Balance activity in your territory both remotely and face to face to result in the best outcomes (when customer visits are permitted)
- Focus relentlessly on pipeline development, qualification and progression
- Provide accurate forecasting on a weekly basis, focus on monthly and quarterly closing cadence
- Collect customer feedback and clearly articulate product recommendations for Dataminr product development with our engineering and product teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years software/SaaS background selling technology solutions to mid market accounts in a fast-paced, competitive market
- New business mindset, opening up conversations at any level
- Entrepreneurial mindset looking for different entry points into accounts
- Multi level selling using internal executives, ability to operate independently at C Level a plus
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for Mid Market clients
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Experience of working with a sales methodology, Miller Heiman a plus
- Language skills beyond English a plus
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- Pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- Individual learning and development fund and professional training
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.