--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance, and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real-time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced operational leader with a proven ability to drive strategic initiatives that align with business objectives. You have a passion for leading, motivating, and growing high-performing teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You know how to develop and communicate a sense of core purpose with your teams, inspiring and empowering them to achieve their maximum potential.
You're a problem solver by nature. You're organizationally savvy and agile, and can get things done through both formal and informal channels. You recognize where strategic opportunities exist for change, bring creative solutions to the table, and anticipate future consequences before they happen.
- Strong leader than can manage, motivate, and develop an office of 30+ focused on training our AI models that detect breaking events for our three product verticals: Public Sector, Corporate Risk, and News
- Prior experience leading an office or large team preferred
- Ability to lead and develop managers of managers who can communicate company priorities, shifts in strategy, and new initiatives that directly impact the team’s daily operations
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, and training of the team with your leaders and Talent Acquisition
- Closely monitor and analyze reports, metrics, and SOPs ensuring high-quality work product
- Lead highly visible, strategic initiatives across teams addressing critical opportunities or issues
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional team leads to develop and implement strategies to achieve organizational KPIs and goals
- Work closely with our product and engineering team to make improvements on internal product features that increase efficiency and help us serve our customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 8-10+ years of progressive leadership experience with a background in business operations, operations strategy or management consulting
- Commercially savvy with experience managing large scale, multidisciplinary teams
- Superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and scaled-operations capabilities
- Ability to recruit, motivate and develop teams to reach their full potential
- Excellent ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage smooth workflows
- Drive to develop new approaches which further improve operational effectiveness for teams
- Intellectually curious; life-long passion for learning and staying abreast of real-time events
- Previous country manager experience connecting the office to the global company, a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as Health insurance with dental cover and vision care
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well-being, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.