--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a detail-oriented and motivated government contracts professional with experience in federal and state and/or local contracting. You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You are able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and shifting priorities.
You should have experience interfacing with both business development and legal teams in responding to Requests for Quotes (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP), the review and negotiation of government contracts, and the delivery of services to federal, state and local governments. You should also have in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS), as well as experience providing commercial services and products to government customers.
As a Government Contracts Manager, you will support the company’s responses to RFQs and RFPs and proactively assist in building out the required procurement infrastructure within a priority list of the largest U.S. states and cities, in addition to the federal government. You will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of government contracts that impact Dataminr's ability to meet revenue objectives, sales goals, growth plans and audit requirements. You will initiate, track and monitor contract changes, deliverables, correspondence with government Contracts Officers and risks, and maintain associated documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements.
- Support business development teams in reviewing and completing RFQs, RFPs and other forms of solicitations for Dataminr's services, including analyzing proposal requirements, preparing appropriate responses and facilitating proposal process
- Monitor and ensure Dataminr's compliance with its contractual, statutory and regulatory obligations under company schedules and policies, other government contract vehicles and FAR
- Respond to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identify, avoid and mitigate risks and issues pertaining to the review and negotiation of Dataminr's legal agreements that arise from the company’s work with government entities
- Review and manage contractual obligations of the parties, providing continual review to ensure all terms and conditions are met
- Assist in the discussion and modification of standard terms and conditions for contracts
- Serve as liaison between business development and legal teams, escalating matters when necessary
- Facilitate the overall communication process when revisions to existing or negotiated contracts become necessary
- Maintain contract and proposal tracking, filing, reporting, copying and shipping
- Develop and integrate contract management tools, templates, methods and processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a contracts professional in the federal, state and local government marketplaces
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and/or local government contracts; electronic proposals; government contract file systems; government contract audits and close-outs
- Knowledge of drafting contractual documents, terms and conditions in accordance with firm policy
- Experience providing commercial services to government clients
- Extensive research skills pertaining to the government marketplace and active/inactive government contracts
- Proposal writing experience and previous interaction with sales organizations a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a SaaS/high-growth technology environment a plus
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.