--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced sales leader with a passion for working with nonprofits and NGOs. You're excited to leverage a cutting-edge AI product to deliver unique and impactful solutions aligned with the mission of these organizations, and help them react with confidence to breaking events and emerging risks in real time.
You have experience identifying and developing meaningful partnerships with nonprofits and NGOs at a global level. You understand the challenges that these organizations face and how they operate, and you're an expert at developing and delivering impactful value propositions that create lasting impact.
As our first Head of Social Good and Nonprofit Partnerships, you'll report to our SVP, Public Sector. You'll be responsible for growing Dataminr's Nonprofit vertical and help us on our mission to promote social good.
- Develop a strong understanding of Dataminr’s Nonprofit and NGO partnerships capabilities and overall company strategic goals
- Plan, implement, and execute on partnership/sales strategy, leveraging market knowledge, business relationships, and experience to convey product value proposition and positioning
- Identify new opportunities for business growth by developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key prospective partners and organizational leaders
- Provide thought leadership through opportunity identification to develop new partnerships and grow existing partnerships, driving new capabilities and incremental business success
- Develop new use cases in order to provide optimal value for Dataminr’s Nonprofit and NGO partners to promote social good
- Partner and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Sales Operations, Marketing, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Maintain constant awareness of the market, making appropriate strategic and tactical recommendations to always stay one step ahead
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years of sales experience supporting nonprofits and NGOs, preferably at a global/international level
- Knowledge of publicly available information and data analysis efforts of public sector, NGO and nonprofit organizations, including but not limited to humanitarian assistance or emergency management
- Extensive experience in SaaS/software sales, business development, and/or partnerships within the NGO and nonprofit sector
- Deep understanding of and experience with grant funding proposal processes for NGOs and nonprofits
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical and non-technical customers
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve in real-time
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.