Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a product manager with a technical background and a passion for building impactful platforms. You've taken multiple products from inception to launch and growth. You're able to establish a vision and work with cross-functional development teams to bring that vision to market.
You're no stranger to a fast paced, agile environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm. You know how to work backwards from business goals to develop and maintain multiple roadmaps and prioritize value-driven opportunity backlogs that contribute to your success metrics and the company's overall mission. You can't wait to bring your product skills to a mission-driven tech startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, manage & evolve strategy, roadmap, and vision for multiple innovative platforms
- Lead Engineering, AI, R&D and Design teams through platform initiatives across the entire product development lifecycle
- Gather inputs across a myriad of stakeholders to lead product discovery and definition
- Establish and frame platform vision for internal stakeholders, building consensus on priorities and direction
- Define metrics and assess feedback around product performance, and leverage that data to inform prioritization of platform roadmap opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- At least 4 years of experience in a product management role with full ownership of a product roadmap and vision
- Technical skills and understanding of software design, data pipelines, APIs & more
- Experience leading Product for platforms used by technical users
- Ability to prioritize and articulate hard tradeoffs
- Experience in a fast-paced technology environment
- Strong product sense and deep understanding of what makes products effective, with a proven track record of delivering products that make a strong business impact.
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with machine learning or content generation platforms is a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.