--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based in our NYC office, or remotely within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of the Sales team at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping news organizations react to breaking news events around the world in real-time. You'll be an expert in this field and a trusted advisor to your clients. Dataminr serves thousands of journalists in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to media organizations around the world.
As an Account Executive at Dataminr, you'll leverage your consultative skills to drive new business growth for the LATAM News sector. You'll be tasked with selling large complex deals to senior strategic buyers and be a key contributor in Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive and uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training and methodology program, and the latest tools and resources in the market.
Who you are:
You have experience developing and maintaining long-standing customer relationships with clients in the news and/or media industries. You're a highly-motivated sales professional with a track record of success in closing new business. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, an engaged partner and a closing champion.
You have extensive experience being the bridge between complex software solutions and the newsrooms that need them. You're able to prepare sales proposals, forecasts and account planning while leveraging consultative skills to build long-term solutions for the news industry.
You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Drive new business by leveraging existing and developing new relationships directly with news companies and organizations
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as liaison and thought leader in the negotiating and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Manage the full sales cycle and achieve or exceed quota on a quarterly basis
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform; deeply understand open-source and social media analytics
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this new vertical
- Think and problem solve for newsrooms across media in a proactive and strategic format
- Run successful product demos and trials with prospective customers that result in won business
- Work closely with product development and technology teams to drive product engagement, ensuring timely execution and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with customer success team to innovate and iterate on training and onboarding for new users
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; preferably previous education or experience in journalism and/or media
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in advertising, enterprise technology or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese preferred
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and open source data and its impact on news and media organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required (once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted)
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.