Location: Dublin, IRE
Type: Full time
Senior Data Analyst
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated self-starter and problem solver interested in the intersection of data, current events, business, and technology. You are innovative, adaptable, and can balance multiple projects at the same time. You are passionate about working with data, have experience developing data ingests and are familiar with web technologies. You take the initiative to own projects and deliver results with the goal to make the organization more successful. You will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists, engineers - to solve challenging problems.
Data Ingest, Automation, & Analytics
- Conduct data exploration and build data ingests utilizing APIs and other methods
- Develop automation scripts for data extraction, transformation, and QA in consultation with subject matter experts
- Build, maintain, and update visualization dashboards and tools to monitor data health
- Perform quality assurance and routine diagnostics on data and data feeds
- Develop and maintain protocols to systematize processes for future work
- Oversee execution of cross-functional projects and trainings
- Work closely with teams across the company to prioritize and execute high impact projects
- Conduct data analytics & modeling, define business metrics, and develop dashboards to drive both day-to-day and long-term decision-making
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of hands on experience, preferably working in cross-functional teams with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in a leadership or mentorship capacity
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Experience in or a willingness to learn data visualization
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized with ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance as well as Income Protection and Life Insurance
- personal retirement savings account with employer match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well-being, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.