Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About the role:
Dataminr’s Editors are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making the AI platform more advanced. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will annotate, label and edit signals from our data feeds in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. You will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) is ready to be an expert on breaking news and world events.
You are interested in learning more about Data Analysis at a growing tech company. In this role your day to day responsibilities will be to support our Data Analysis function while also having the opportunity to explore various other activities.
You are innovative and adaptable, with an ability to juggle multiple projects at one time. You have a high level of technical skill, but even more importantly have an analytical mindset and are excited to learn more about the programs and tools that make our Data Analysts a diverse and capable component of Dataminr. You will work hand-in-hand with domain experts, product managers, engineers, and other teams to solve challenging problems with your data analysis skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- In final year of studying for an undergraduate or graduate degree in Economics, International Relations, Communications/PR, Political Science, or a student pursuing a Bachelor's degree or Masters in Data Analytics or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/Google Sheet)
- Experience in Python, SQL and/or other data-related programming languages.
- Experience with, or a willingness to explore business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple competing priorities during stressful events
- Deep understanding of geopolitical and risk issues
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment in English; ability to read and understand a second language preferred;
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in or a willingness to learn data visualization
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized with ability to work on multiple projects
Why you should work here:
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who will help you succeed
- Mentorship and professional development programs
- Competitive compensation package
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.