Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual with a passion for breaking news and world events, and have an interest in the operations that support the real-time data-labelling and training of advanced AI algorithms. You are excited by data, and enjoy figuring out solutions to difficult problems. Thriving in a deadline-oriented atmosphere, you have high standards and impeccable attention to detail.
- Support the Global Operations team in day-to-day activity relating to managing global processes, supporting communications, creating new workflows and automation
- Train and job-shadow with the Global Operations team
- Learn to use data to identify areas for performance improvement and operational efficiency
- Communicate across our global offices for clear, cohesive understanding of initiatives across the organization
- Present your ideas and work to members senior management and other key stakeholders across the business
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Pursuing a 3 or 4-year degree degree in operations management, international relations, journalism, business intelligence, data analysis or related field
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media
- Keen interest in breaking news and world events
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities/pivot quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Practical, and able to think through problems and develop solutions that can be implemented quickly (and then refined later)
- Experience of handling data in Excel/Google Sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Why you should work here:
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who will help you succeed
- Mentorship and professional development programs
- Competitive compensation package
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.