Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About The Role
- Analyze Dataminr’s proprietary algorithmic data feeds, using linguistic, regional or technical expertise
- Compile research for key commercial requirements in the Corporate Risk and Public Sector verticals
- Regularly conduct QA of data feeds to ensure quality standards
- Please note that this position is an hourly role with a set wage. This role is approximately 40 hours/week (negotiable)
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated undergraduate student who loves being at the forefront of breaking news and has a passion for technology and social media. You will assist Dataminr’s Research and Development team in conducting both qualitative and technical research, maintaining databases and other responsibilities.
Desired Skills And Experience:
- Completing an undergraduate degree, preferably in Data Analytics, International Relations, Linguistics, or related fields
- Passion for breaking news, current US and world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- High proficiency in MS Office suite and Google Suite, including Slides and Sheets
- Experience with analytical and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work quickly and manage time effectively
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Why you should work here:
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who will help you succeed
- Mentorship and professional development programs
- Competitive compensation package
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.