--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can either be office-based or remote in the US.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are an Engineering leader with a strong technical background in engineering and/or research. You are passionate about building products that integrate innovations beyond the state of the art and having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and ensuring that state of the art research is used effectively to solve real world problems and have business impact. You excel at connecting different technical approaches to deliver high quality end-to-end solutions. You have a goal-oriented mindset focusing on delivering the highest quality outcomes. You are very creative, and you are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Oversee all technical aspects of how different AI models’ outputs impact the quality of content produced by our AI platform. This includes working with PMs and different parts of the business to define proper performance requirements for different Deep Learning and Machine Learning models.
- Work closely with scientists, engineers, designers, and product managers to drive and deliver state of the art solutions at scale in multiple areas relevant to real-time detection of events in public data sources (NLP, CV, IR, Knowledge Graphs, etc).
- Define and track success metrics for individual models as well as for their integrated end-to-end performance in relation to key business goals.
- Hands-on modification of workflows, parameters, and outputs of models.
- Lead other engineers and scientists, directing changes to technical approaches.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice, and have significant impact.
- Strong technical background required: graduate degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 7 years of industry experience.
- Experience in Python, Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Hands-on experience in developing and deploying Machine Learning/Deep Learning in NLP, CV, IR, or a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of driving and delivering on multiple complex AI projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep understanding of research stages, and the ability to connect multiple complex technologies in end-to-end solutions.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.