--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This can be an office-based role or fully remote in the US.
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience Required: 5 years
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a skilled developer with a passion for infrastructure as a service including scalable and reliable systems, code quality, and engineering efficiency. As a Software Engineer focusing on Tools and Infrastructure, you will ensure the high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team, by building the frameworks and tools needed by software engineers and data scientists to thoroughly validate, deploy, and monitor their code. In this role, you will be a champion for best practices and a quality mentor to the rest of the engineering organization. A successful candidate will be a well-rounded engineer with experience in systems automation and tool development for a container based infrastructure, who thrives when solving diverse technical problems in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain tools used by engineering for monitoring, event collection, and downtime tracking
- Develop deployment and automation tools to manage a rapidly growing number of services
- Drive improvements in security, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Troubleshoot large-scale distributed systems (hardware, software, applications, and network)
- Develop continuous integration systems and test frameworks
- Work with other teams to gather requirements and disseminate to the rest of the team
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
#LI - KP
#LI - REMOTE