--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees comes first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based in our NYC office or remotely within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a well-rounded sales manager with proven experience building, motivating, and developing high-performing teams that exceed their quotas. You have proven experience building and implementing business plans to ensure new business revenue growth. You also have experience with specific sales methodologies and are excited about embracing the Miller Heiman sales process. You have a high level of business and financial acumen, with well-developed business management, organizational, and team management skills.
You understand the importance of building a strong enterprise sales culture. You have experience coaching your sellers on how to navigate large, complex deals, and you lead by example. You know what it takes to lead and grow a high-performing sales team.
As Senior Director, Enterprise Sales, you'll report to our SVP, Enterprise Sales and be responsible for hiring, managing, and developing a geographically-dispersed team of enterprise SaaS sellers. In this 100% coaching role, you'll lead your team to drive revenue growth while providing in-the-field sales skills coaching, pipeline management, territory management, and forecasting and reporting efforts for your team.
- Partner with SVP, Enterprise Sales to develop plan of action to grow revenue and exceed team's assigned quota (new business, net-new logos)
- Manage, motivate, and grow a team of Account Executives
- Hold sales team accountable for achieving their quota and activity expectations, utilizing strategic coaching to address performance issues as needed
- Establish and lead a team culture that promotes engagement, performance, teamwork, accountability, and fun
- Establish territory-specific plans of action through one-on-one sessions with sellers (e.g. who to target, weekly call activity, required sales behavior, etc.)
- Meet frequently with sellers to review sales productivity, selling behavior, progress-to-plan and sales pipeline accuracy, making any necessary adjustments and providing ongoing coaching and support
- Work collaboratively with other sales and functional leaders to ensure that all accounts are sold and serviced in an effective and efficient manner, and in compliance with our clients’ expectations
- Use reporting to provide data-driven insight into sales productivity (activity, opportunity updates, pipeline, forecasting, customer profiling, etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably in fast-paced, technology-driven environments
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience with demonstrated quota achievement and territory growth
- Extensive experience selling into enterprise accounts (Fortune 1000) with a strong track record of negotiation and closing
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with sales technology and tools e.g. Google Suite, Salesforce CRM, Clari, etc.
- Post COVID-19, ability to be in the field in support of a nationally-dispersed sales team and client list, might include up to 40% travel including some overnight travel
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.