Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You rejoice in cultivating the company office culture and an efficient workplace environment, while providing best-in-class hospitality, customer service, and office services. Employees feel supported by your efforts to help them have the best Dataminr experience and you understand your role as a company culture ambassador to guests, including clients, visitors, and candidates. You’re warm, energetic, organized, detail-oriented, and an expert multitasker. No task is too large or small and you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves.
Reporting to the Director, Workplace Operations, you'll be the sole member of the team in the Arlington, VA (DC metro) office. You're excited to take ownership and pride in the office environment that you help build. You're ready to bring your prior experience in workplace operations and office administration and make an impact at a fast-paced, high-growth technology company.
While we work fully remotely, you'll:
- Remotely support the employee culture of Dataminr’s Virginia (metro DC) office while employees remain working from home, including but not limited to developing virtual employee engagement events, e.g. happy hours, social events, and classes, developing weekly events email blast, marking office birthdays and work anniversaries, etc.
- Support return-to-work planning and preparations in anticipation of office reopening date
- Partner and collaborate with global Workplace Operations team and cross-functionally with other departments on Workplace best practices and company-wide initiatives
- Liaise with building management and key vendors to remotely manage facilities upkeep of the office space while Dataminr works from home
- Support remote Workplace responsibilities of our Bozeman, MT office as needed
When we return to the office, you'll also:
- Serve as the first point of contact at the reception desk, representing Dataminr and our office culture with professionalism, warmth, and flawless customer service to all visitors and employees
- Own and execute all office management needs, including office space upkeep and repairs, facilities management, conference room management, desk moves, vendor management, security access coordination, cleaning service, trash and recycling programs, liaise with building management, etc.
- Manage daily food and beverage program (lunch catering and pantry snacks), including ordering, tracking deliveries, monitoring inventory, managing budget, etc.
- Plan and execute onsite and offsite office events including meetings, lunches, happy hours, holiday parties, social events, and employee-focused events
- Assist with management of office renovation and repair projects
- Oversee office supplies inventory, business card orders, incoming and outgoing mail
- Track new hire and existing employee processes, prepare desks for new hires, and break down desks and coordinate return of personal property when employees exit
- Serve as the main point of contact for our remote IT Support team, assisting with IT and audio-visual operations (no special IT/AV experience required!)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in office workplace services or administration, hospitality, and/or event planning
- Strong customer service focus and ability to demonstrate professionalism, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities while finding solutions-oriented and resourceful in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.