--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This position can be based out of any Dataminr US office, or remotely within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an analytics professional who is passionate about working with clients and helping them solve their most interesting data challenges. You excel when you are extracting meaning from complex and big datasets, and know you can drive influential decisions forward and create impactful change.
You're highly customer-focused. You've worked closely with senior stakeholders in a highly analytical role, understanding and refining key metrics and their relationships to measure business success.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, you'll help address the analytics and reporting needs of our clients today, while leading the way to build out scalable product capabilities for the future. You're ready to bring your expertise into a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company.
- Become an expert in Dataminr's product and develop deep understanding of technical and functional capabilities
- Conduct thorough customer discovery across key strategic accounts to understand and outline their data requirements
- Analyze and make sense of large sets of unstructured quantitative and qualitative data
- Leverage integrated data sources and business intelligence tools to design and create custom reporting and dashboards for clients, with an eye towards scalability and future product solutions
- Define scalable reporting and analytics capabilities that lead to product solutions and align with business objectives
- Drive process optimization and continuously improve the accuracy and efficiency of our analytics and reporting infrastructure
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success teams to provide clients with data and reporting deliverables that add strategic value
- Partner with our BI and Analytics Engineering team to implement the corresponding custom metrics, dashboards, and tooling for our clients
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 of experience in a client-facing, analytical role, preferably within technology, professional services, product and/or engineering
- Experience in data analysis and visualization, business or marketing analysis, and/or solving large-scale data optimization problems
- Strong analytical skills and proven technical experience (e.g. SQL, BI platforms such as Looker)
- Expertise or knowledge in corporate risk intelligence, security operations, and/or emergency management fields a plus, but not required
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical and non-technical customers
- Team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team across geographies
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple, competing priorities with urgency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.