--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
This role can be office-based or fully remote.
Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 7+ years
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a hands-on engineering leader who understands the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, and development standpoint and can effectively translate them into requirements and solutions. You know how to write good clean code that solves real world problems, and more importantly you know how to inspire and empower others to do the same.
You’re passionate about building complex real-time web app platforms supporting multi-team efforts. In this role, you will direct the engineering teams that power our primary customer applications and services. You have a proven track record of designing and managing large dev teams that align to many different technical challenges. You lead your teams with a focus on engagement and stability while maintaining new feature development that impacts the business. You excel in strategic thinking and execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead high performing engineering teams responsible for large and complex web application platforms
- Partner with product leadership to shape long term vision and be able break down into concrete near term milestones
- Design teams and build platforms that enable multi-team initiatives to move fast
- Build a balanced technical roadmap that ensures stable future platform growth
- Implement and improve existing development, testing, deployment and issue tracking practices
- Ensure our platform meets all compliance requirements, localization, accessibility, and other relevant laws and regulations
- Provide career growth plans and direction for team members
- Partner with recruiting to hire world-class talent
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience building cloud-based, enterprise products with modern tech stacks written with React, Redux, Express, or other modern frameworks and tools
- You’re on top of the latest web apis such as ES Modules, Async / Await, Fetch, IndexedDB, Web Workers- in and out
- You have developed and driven a long term technical vision for a large web platform
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to interface and partner with different levels of the organization
- Prior management and leadership experience growing, mentoring and developing teams of individual contributors and people managers effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/SaaS/cloud-based environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 7+ years of relevant experience
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.