Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
As our Product intern, you'll have the opportunity to get hands on experience working with our product managers as they build and scale real time product features across our Engineering and Sales teams. Alongside your team, you will help to bridge the gap between incoming feedback and product development, facilitating on-time product delivery across our various verticals of business. Your coursework and/or prior experience in software engineering or technology focused business areas will enable you to continue to develop a strong understanding of modern web technologies and product synthesis during your 10 week summer internship at Dataminr.
- Conduct research on product workflows to inform data-driven roadmap activities
- Evaluate product enhancement opportunities based on analysis of internal and external business conditions
- Collaborate with members of Product, Engineering, Sales, or Marketing teams to achieve cross-functional outcomes
- Pitching in with anything and everything related to getting new products built and shipped
Desired skills & experience:
- Current student, majoring in Computer Science or related fields preferred
- Spring 2020 graduation preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong passion for technical products
- Ability to structure and solve open-ended problems
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Daily catered lunch
- Discounted Gympass Membership for the duration of the internship
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.