--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can be office-based or fully remote within the United States.
Job Type: Full time
Minimum Experience Required: 3 years
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
What you’ve done before:
You have built software test automation and scaled automation frameworks for back-end services and APIs to help build a high-quality product. You have a passion for continuous learning and enjoy sharing your knowledge, collaborating with other engineers to improve quality practices, and thinking about ways to make a team more efficient. You have experience working with containers in a cloud environment, and are familiar with distributed systems using a microservices architecture. You have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms and data structures, and have demonstrated excellent problem solving skills.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and email.
- Get up to speed on our tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- Contribute to the development of our test tooling and infrastructure.
- Participate in strategy and design discussions to ensure testing frameworks will cover testing needs and deliver high-quality products.
- Assist in achieving test coverage by building testing frameworks for Unit Testing, API/Integration Testing, Contract Testing, Functional Testing, Load and Performance and other testing approaches.
- Mentor more junior members of our growing team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- flexible hours and generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.