--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based out of our NY or DC office, or remotely within the United States. We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe. You'll be an expert in this field and a trusted advisor to your clients.
As an Account Executive on our Strategic Accounts team, you'll leverage your consultative skills to drive new growth in Fortune 1000 accounts. You'll bring in the largest and most complex deals for Dataminr. You'll be an expert in this field and a trusted advisor to C-level strategic clients, all while sitting at the center of Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive and uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training and methodology program, and the latest tools and resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional with experience owning and managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, and a closing champion.
You're methodical when it comes to building and managing your pipeline. You're disciplined with your time and resources. You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of qualified sales opportunities through heavy prospecting and leveraging your own existing relationships
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as thought partner negotiation and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this new vertical
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience selling enterprise technology solutions in a fast-paced, competitive market
- Proven track record in selling "whale deals" to Fortune 1000 companies across various industry sectors
- Understanding of the open source and social media analysis efforts of corporate clients a plus
- Experience selling risk or security solutions a plus
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for enterprise clients
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.