--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based in our Bozeman office or remote within the US.
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced software engineer with superb software development skills interested in helping us build reliable systems that deliver actionable information to our customers in real-time. As well as setting technical direction for significant parts of our microservices based architecture, you'll mentor and train other engineers and care about how to make the team more effective every day.
What you've done before:
- Built back end systems to manage massive amounts of data.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills and solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms and data structures.
- Worked with distributed systems using microservices architecture.
- Built applications with OO languages (preferably in Java or Scala), using SQL and NoSQL data stores, and run them in containers in a cloud environment.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
In this role, you will build the services and underlying infrastructure that allows us to deal with terabytes of unstructured data and:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- design significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
- own portions of our product suite and be responsible for reliability and scalability.
- bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
- be influential in planning the next iterations of our architecture as we strive to get more alerts to our clients faster and with near-perfect reliability.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!