Title: Senior Associate, Cyber Risk R&D
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You have prior experience working as a cyber risk analyst. You are a highly motivated individual who can compile research for key commercial requirements across sectors and succinctly summarize findings. You have experience analyzing data, asking, and answering data-driven and key product/business questions. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to product.
- Support and build proprietary algorithmic data streams, using linguistic, regional or technical expertise.
- Compile cybersecurity-focused research for key commercial requirements in the Corporate Risk and Public Sector verticals
- Explore and identify new open source data pertaining to cybersecurity
- Effectively liaise cross-functionally with AI, Engineering, and Go-to-Market departments
- Be self-driven with proven technical abilities, sense of teamwork, and willingness to roll up their sleeves and get work done
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in cyber risk intelligence, actively keeping up with the current cyber intelligence and risk trends
- Must have demonstrated experience in evaluating Internet information from publicly available information including surface, deep, and dark web sources
- Experience in the cyber domain and emerging risks impacting commercial interests
- Knowledge of network security threats and vulnerability management
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Quick study of new technologies and business requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign or technical language fluency is desirable
- Certifications in Sec+, Network+, CEH, CISSP, or CISM is a plus
- Python scripting skills are a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.