Title: Domain Expert, Editor
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Type: Part Time -- Fixed Term Contract
Contract: February -- November 2021
Min. Experience: Final Year Undergraduate Student / Graduate Student / Entry Level
Hours: 18 per weekend (after training)
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team -- and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About the role:
Dataminr’s Editors are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making the AI platform more advanced. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will annotate, label and edit signals from our data feeds in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) is ready to be an expert on breaking news and world events
Desired Skills & Experience:
- In final year of studying for an undergraduate or graduate degree in Economics, International Relations, Communications/PR, Political Science, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple competing priorities during stressful events
- Deep understanding of geopolitical and risk issues
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment in English; ability to read and understand a second language preferred;
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds
- Annotate and label complex breaking news events
- Own and develop breaking news and politics-focused projects to improve our AI models
- Regularly conduct QA of data feeds to ensure quality standards
- Make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Work with multiple stakeholders across all offices to support region-specific training
- Collaborate on and communicate about daily priorities in a team-centric environment
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Be a contributing team member, offering peer and upward feedback as necessary
Why you should work here:
- Remote working stipend
- Wellness support with Ginger IO and a wellness app fund
- Professional Development Fund
- Ad hoc remote company activities including wellness classes
- Employee referral program
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr’s job candidate privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/irecandidatenotice.