This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the United Kingdom.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced and energetic enterprise sales professional that is highly motivated and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company. This position will play a leading role in our next expansion phase! You will ideally have a track record of working and building new business in one of the following areas:
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Transport & Logistics
- Energy, Resources & Utilities
As an Account Executive, Enterprise at Dataminr you'll use your skills and experience to discover and win new business, strategically develop accounts and ensure customer satisfaction across the EMEA region.
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Plan and implement sales strategy for a particular market sector by leveraging market knowledge and developing the product and value proposition
- Manage the full sales cycle to maximise revenue potential within existing accounts whilst targeting new customer acquisitions
- Network with customers and prospects at an executive level to deepen and extend business relationships
- Meet sales KPIs on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Be an industry expert by keeping on top of competitive activity to appropriately advise on strategic and tactical sales recommendations
- Identify ways to integrate Dataminr into the customers' workflow and recommend best practices
- Develop and manage a pipeline of sales opportunities within the sector with an emphasis on tailored solution selling
- Devise strategic and tactical sales account plans
- Ensure you are aware of regular feedback and customer insights to ensure the continuous improvement of Dataminr solutions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of proven enterprise sales experience gained in a high tech, IT Consulting or Services company selling to enterprise and strategic accounts with a turnover in excess of $1B
- Extensive experience of successfully selling into complex accounts with a strong track record of negotiation and closing
- Expertise in prospecting, identifying and developing multiple use cases, and developing strong relationships with C-level executives
- Demonstrable new business sales experience in early stage companies entering a rapid growth phase
- Knowledge of at least one area of the following primary industry sectors: Financial Services, Retail, Consumer Products, Transport & Logistics, Energy, Resources & Utilities and Manufacturing
- A good understanding of Corporate Risk and the challenges faced within the specific market sectors
- Proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably gained in fast-paced, technology and data product driven environments
- Adept at strategically navigating and influencing all stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills through customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Additional European language a plus
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.