Type: Full Time
Location: The role is based in London
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team -- and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced operational leader with a proven ability to drive strategic initiatives that align with business objectives.
You're a problem solver by nature. You're organizationally savvy and agile, and can get things done through both formal and informal channels. You can identify when a process is inefficient, broken or missing. You naturally look to data-focused and technical solutions to problems and are passionate about the power of technology and AI.
You produce your best work as part of a team and are able to bring people together to find the right solution for the business. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact at a fast-growing technology company.
- Proven Operations leader than can help run an office of 30+ focused on training our AI models that detect breaking information for our three product verticals: Public Sector, Corporate Risk, and News
- Closely monitor and analyze reports, metrics, and SOPs ensuring high-quality work product
- Lead highly visible, strategic initiatives across teams addressing critical opportunities or issues
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional team leads to develop and implement strategies to achieve organizational KPIs and goals
- Work closely with our product and engineering team to make improvements on internal product features that increase efficiency and help us serve our customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Prior experience leading operations in an office or large team preferred
- Several years of operations leadership experience with a background in business operations, operations strategy or management consulting
- Commercial focus with experience in large scale, multidisciplinary teams
- Superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and scaled-operations capabilities
- Excellent ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage smooth workflows
- Drive to develop new approaches which further improve operational effectiveness for teams
- Intellectually curious with a life-long passion for learning
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.