--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
This position can be based out of our NYC headquarters, or remote within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a strategic and hands-on leader with proven experience developing and executing on impactful DEI programs at a global scale. You're a thought partner, a change agent, and a consensus builder. You're not afraid to challenge the status quo in order to inspire new ideas and perspectives. You're drawn to mission-driven companies that strive to make a difference.
You're innovative at your core. You know how to execute on tried and true DEI strategies and best practices, but are always thinking about the next new way to foster a stronger, more inclusive work community.
You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and you can't wait to bring your expertise and help Dataminr continue to build a culture where all employees feel valued and empowered to do their best work.
As our VP, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI), you'll report to the Chief People Officer and lead all DEI programs and initiatives globally at Dataminr. You'll partner closely with senior leaders and People team leaders to build and scale programs that promote equity and inclusivity, strengthen our leadership capability, and help us attract and retain the best talent.
- Be a leading voice for DEI at Dataminr by developing, driving, and communicating a global DEI strategy aligned with business objectives
- Provide thought leadership, strategic planning, coaching, and education across departments globally to infuse DEI principles and practices into our programs and drive key outcomes
- Act as an advisor to our Executives, Leaders, and Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborate with our People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation & Benefits teams to ensure that our internal mobility, promotion, TA pipeline, and compensation practices promote diversity and equity
- Help to further develop our Employee Resource Groups by providing leadership and support that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and strengthens our internal communities
- Manage quarterly and ad hoc social impact partnerships and charitable giving initiatives
- Collaborate with People Team to drive our core talent management processes to support business leaders in assessing and developing their talent and maximizing the effectiveness of our performance reviews, 9-block talent reviews and calibrations, and individual & team assessments
- Leverage engagement survey data and employee feedback to develop and deliver programs that foster behavior change and growth for leadership and high potential talent
- Generate metrics to evaluate effectiveness, ROI, and inclusivity of programs thus allowing us to measure their impact and identify insights that will drive continuous improvement
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 10-15 years of experience in strategic, operational, and/or program management roles with a demonstrated track record of success and meaningful impact
- At least 5 years of experience working with leadership and executive teams to plan and implement strategies that resulted in a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace community
- Deep knowledge of DEI programs and best practices, and experience designing talent programs and initiatives that result in measurable progress
- Experience successfully driving change management in a complex, changing global organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the processes of recruitment, hiring, promotion, and retention of people from historically underrepresented groups
- Ability to navigate difficult and complex conversations and communicating critical messaging
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company-paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.