--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
We're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Type: Part Time -- Fixed Term Contract
Contract: January-December 2021
Min. Experience: Final Year Undergraduate Student / Graduate Student / Entry Level
Hours: 12-14 per week (after training)
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About the role:
Dataminr’s Domain Experts are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making Dataminr’s AI platform more advanced. As a Domain Expert, you will monitor and analyze our data feeds and annotate, label and edit signals in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As a Domain Expert, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) is ready to be an expert on breaking news and world events
Desired Skills & Experience:
- In final year of studying for an undergraduate or graduate degree in Economics, International Relations, Communications/PR, Political Science, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple competing priorities during stressful events
- Deep understanding of geopolitical and risk issues
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment in English; ability to read and understand a second language preferred;
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to take part in a three-week (40hrs per week) training program in January-February
- Able to work weekends, with a minimum of two days per week between Friday and Monday
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.