Software Engineer II
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Software Engineer II to design, develop, and implement APIs for microservices using Spring Boot and Java. Model optimized data-structures based on business needs and implement them using databases like MySQL. Design and implement real time, large-scale, low latency event streaming platforms using Java on user settings data to support internal systems. The Software Engineer II will build reliable, manageable, and extendable software using principles like test-driven development and taking part in code reviews. Understand existing software subsystems, maintaining and improving them with respect to scalability, latency, and maintainability. Contribute towards improving our continuous integration and continuous delivery framework and on-board services to the framework. Contribute to runbooks and set up of monitoring and alerting on existing services. Participate and provide support during production releases and on-calls. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, product, and quality assurance closely to understand customer requirements, create technical designs, formulate an execution plan, and deliver iteratively and continuously.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field and 5 years of related (progressive, post-baccalaureate) experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field and 2 years of related experience
- Must also have demonstrated experience each of the following:
- Designing scalable distributed microservices-based architectures;
- Utilizing data structures, algorithms, and software design practices;
- Programming with Java and using scripting languages like Python;
- Designing, developing, deploying, and supporting RESTful services;
- Working in relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL or HBase and designing efficient data models and queries/
- Deploying and managing services on the cloud; and
- Writing unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and automating continuous deployments and integrations using tools like Jenkins and GIT.
- Will accept experience gained concurrently.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Master’s program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- Generous leave and flexible hours.
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.