Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2-4+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a high performer with experience working as part of a dynamic team to drive initiatives to support company growth and operations. You love making sense of large amounts of data, developing models & conducting research to inform decision making, and creating presentations to convey strategic insights. You're simultaneously able to work on big picture thinking (strategy) and tactical execution (operations). You have a high aptitude for both quantitative and qualitative skills.
You take the initiative to own projects and deliver results with the goal to make the organization more successful. You're passionate about bringing your strategic, analytical, and data skills to a growing organization. You will work with a cross-functional team of content experts, AI/ML scientists, product managers, and engineers - to solve challenging problems.
Lead, Oversee, and Execute Cross-Functional & High-Value Initiatives
- Lead and support analysis of key initiatives (e.g., evaluation & business case development for new data sources, roll-out of new automation platform/features)
- Develop and execute high-level project plans in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders across data analytics, operations, engineering, product, AI, and leadership
- Ensure successful delivery of initiatives including stepping in to fill any functional gaps across both quantitative needs (e.g., data analysis) and qualitative needs (e.g., translating insights into executive-level presentations)
Conduct Data Analysis to Drive Insights
- Conduct data analytics & modeling, create internal/external case studies, and develop dashboards to drive both day-to-day decision-making and long-term strategic-setting
- Pull data, build models and analyze financial and/or operational data to support key strategic priorities (often working in conjunction with leadership)
- Build executive-level presentations and develop compelling materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights internally and externally (e.g., all-hands meetings, investor materials)
Additional Responsibilities (Ad-Hoc Strategic Projects, Long-Term Planning, etc.)
- Execute and complete ad-hoc projects and act as an internal consultant to help answer pressing questions (e.g., compiling internal/external documents for a particular initiative, conducting research to validate hypotheses based on current events, providing analytical/data support)
- Work in coordination with product, engineering, operations, and AI/ML teams to develop both tactical solutions to short-terms needs and assist in longer-term ideation/planning
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar strategy / analytics / operations roles
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team; mentors and support junior team members
- Excellent attention to detail, project management skills, and highly organized with demonstrated ability to successfully deliver both longer term projects with short-term initiatives
- High level of proficiency with analytical and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Experience in or a willingness to learn analytic languages (e.g., SQL) and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker); Bonus points for knowledge of programming/coding (e.g., Python, Java)
- Resilient and positive attitude with an ability to use a mixture of creativity, good judgment, and hard work to follow through on commitments and deadlines
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!