--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organisations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced HR Generalist who is driven, dedicated and well versed in all areas of HR in a high growth company. In this role, your main responsibility will be HR operations, personnel support, L&D support and driving the Dataminr culture. Reporting into the UK office, you'll align closely with the global HR team and partner with senior managers and leadership in Melbourne. For a temporary period as we work from home, you will also locally support the Workplace team on office management and logistics.
You're thoughtful, agile and highly organised. You hold yourself to a high bar in every aspect of your job, whether it's engaging with employees or balancing competing priorities. You're extremely detail-oriented - nothing falls through the cracks under your watch.
You're committed to creating the best possible employee experience. You can't wait to apply your skills at a hyper-growth, ever-changing, innovative tech company.
- Ownership of local HR employee touch points, training and programs, rolling out globally built initiatives locally and assessing specific local needs
- Manage all local HR operations and administration related to the employee life cycle, including onboarding, visa requirements, responding to employee assistant requests and keeping our employee HR platform updated
- Assist with benefits and perks administration and implementation for Melbourne, serving as point of contact for local vendors
- Roll out globally built trainings to local teams as a trainer/facilitator
- Identify local training opportunities and collaborate with our L&D department to build and lead training
- Own employee experience including ensuring a positive new hire orientation (including presenting information and welcome sessions) and assist with planning, supporting and executing global engagement initiatives and programmes locally
- Manage local personnel issues with the support of the Global HR team, including supporting managers during employee probation periods and assisting with development plans, having a good grasp of employment law to support correct process
- As needed, partner with the Global Talent Acquisition team to assist locally in recruitment activities, which could include interviewing and communicating with candidates, managing the in-person interview experience, and running local graduate recruitment events
Workplace (temporary duties to support the Workplace team during this work from home period)
- Assist with Workplace communications for Melbourne staff including team events (e.g. global contests, holiday celebrations, global employee engagement experiences, etc.)
- Assist with Workplace vendor communications such as catering, snacks, office supplies, shipping, events vendors, WeWork etc. during Melbourne business hours
- Partner with IT team for new hire onboarding and employee offboarding and exiting (coordinating pick up / drop off equipment delivery, company belongings, and personal belongings)
- Assist with return to work office planning and execution, and health and safety plans
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of HR generalist experience, preferably in startup or high-growth environments
- Superior organisational and time-management skills needed to effectively prioritise various responsibilities
- Ability to work with autonomy whilst successfully having high levels of communication to a manager based in the London office
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to wear multiple hats across HR, Workplace/Office Management, and occasionally Recruitment
- Outgoing and self-motivated with a strong desire to collaborate across teams
- Strategic thinker with sound and thoughtful judgement and the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced work environment with frequent urgent deadlines
- Professional, friendly and enthusiastic demeanour
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as Health insurance with dental cover and vision care
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well-being, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.