--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're organized, creative and resourceful. You're energized by complex new challenges and the opportunity to solve them and create lasting impact for the organization.
You’re skilled in managing processes and identifying areas of opportunity to help improve organization and efficiency. You’re able to develop effective and thoughtful solutions and leverage technology as a way to solve problems.
As our Legal Operations Associate, you'll report to the General Counsel and play a key role in helping shape the Legal Department at Dataminr now and in the future.
- Manage Legal Department intake, processes, procedures and workflow, including maintenance of contract management system
- Work with internal and external parties in drafting, negotiating and processing a broad range of contracts, amendments, NDAs and other legal documents
- Assist with legal escalations including responding to inquiries from internal business stakeholders regarding legal guidelines, policy inquiries, and contract-specific questions
- Proactively design and implement strategic and effective solutions and improvements across the Legal Department, including identifying, assessing and implementing new processes and technology solutions to help scale and increase cross-functional efficiencies
- Provide support to and assist with project management
- Liaise with specialist teams (such as Human Resources and Marketing) on legal projects as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years of contracting, operations and/or project management experience in an in-house legal department or law firm
- Previous exposure to legal documents, concepts, workflows, and responsibilities of lawyers
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail are absolutely critical
- Demonstrated program and/or project management experience with the ability to collaborate effectively with other teams
- Tech savvy and proficient with technology applications and productivity software
- Exceptional time management and problem solving skills, including ability to think quickly and be resourceful
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.