Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
- You're an experienced Senior Analytics Engineer interested in deploying and supporting micro batch and streaming data pipelines into a cloud-native warehousing technology that serves multiple stakeholders across the company and drives innovation.
- You have expertise in designing, deploying, maintaining and refining data pipelines and analytics data structures, and you delight in optimizing queries - both your own and others’.
- You have extensive experience integrating disparate big datasets and validating data quality using best practices.
- You bring an in-depth understanding of the advantages and limitations of particular technologies, including hands-on experience leveraging features of analytics dbs in order to optimize highly-performant business intelligence tooling.
- You have developed strong communication skills that you leverage to drive impactful decisions that benefit the business, and you have a proven track record of collaboration with stakeholders, data engineers and product managers in order to deliver successful business intelligence solutions based on complex datasets.
- You have a history of mentoring other engineers, you give generously of your time and you know when to ask for help.
You will be the lead database engineer for our new analytics and business intelligence platform, responsible for designing our data structures and building out our data warehouse solutions (Redshift, Vertica, Presto) while working closely with our analytics pipeline and business intelligence engineers. You will be a primary contributor in our business intelligence and data management vision and implementation, and will be responsible for maintaining an ongoing data analytics culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. You will work with data engineers to perform source system analyses, identification of key data problems, and work to resolve any data quality and data consistency issues. You will research and evaluate technologies and recommend the most efficient solutions, and you will collaborate with our stakeholders teams across the company to provide better access to data resources.
In the first month, you will:
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- Get up to speed on our data processing pipelines and data structures with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- Contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Share responsibility for our data warehouse and data structures with other members of your team.
- Help to plan our new infrastructure features and improvements.
- Begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our data analytics structures.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Own the data warehouse.
- Design and implement data structures that deliver highly performant answers to business questions for teams across the company.
- Be influential in helping plan the next iteration of our analytics platform.
- Bring new ideas to our engineering and analytics processes to help us continuously improve.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive critical projects
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training
- Generous leave and flexible hours
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.